Sunday, June 14, 2009

I have converted my greenhouse into an outdoor office so I can study for my exams and write up this stupid manuscript I am working on without missing the summer altogether. It works well for reading blocks of text, but today I discovered just how horrible it is for viewing and editing my photos. With the reflection from the screen, I couldn't tell what was or wasn't in focus, let alone discern any subtleties of color or light. I'm wearing quite a busy t-shirt with MC Escher patterns on it, and about halfway through viewing my photos, I realized that much of the detail I was seeing actually came from my own reflection! I brought a towel out and draped it over the laptop monitor and my head to eliminate the reflection. It worked well, but was kind of smothering. I actually had to stop editing photos because I felt like I was going to choke to death.

Leopard's bane flowers usually have smooth tips, kind of like a daisy. For some reason, this one has serrated edges, kind of like little fingers.

No comments: