Saturday, June 6, 2009

I have a gadget enabled that lets me see what people type into search engines when they discover my blog. Sometimes it's entertaining... Someone discovered my blog while seeking instructions for building a wooden deck over a pond. I'm afraid I wasn't able to help him/her too much with that. Someone discovered my blog while doing a Google-search for "macro poppies". My blog appeared on page 33 of the search. This poor soul must have really been looking for a certain kind of image to scroll through at least 32 pages of Google detritus!

I decided to dedicate my photo time today to taking macro poppy pictures. Unfortunately, it wasn't a good day for photographing poppies (or really much of anything else). It was COLD, with snow threatened yet again in the forecast. The sky was a flat grey color with no sunshine to illuminate the flowers or accentuate texture. To top it all off, I was becoming annoyed with my teleconverter. It caused every small speck of dirt on a flower petal to be magnified into an unsightly blemish. Luckily I found some freshly emerging poppies that hadn't had a chance to become dirty yet!

No comments: