Monday, June 1, 2009

This is another Red Bubble reject. Morning and evening have the best light for photography. I have lots of photos taken in the evening or at sunset, but not many in the morning. I am simply not a morning person. Even in Costa Rica, when I knew there were all sorts of amazing creatures to be seen and seascape sunrises to capture, I could not drag myself out of bed. In fact, the only time I am awake at sunrise is if I haven't gone to bed yet.

This was exactly the case the day this photo was taken - August 4, 2008. I went down to the river to take some photos before turning in for the 'night'. This photo was taken with a point-and-shoot, all automatic settings sometime between 4 and 5am. Summers are short in this neck of the woods. There was already a chill in the early morning air, and I was wearing a warm coat and a toque. This photo may not have the best composition or focus, but I love the character of the morning light and the way it illuminates these symmetrical bunches of little white flowers.

No comments: