Monday, July 27, 2009

I've been thinking about this photo since I took it a couple of weeks ago. Only tonight was I actually able to locate it in my archive. I was starting to wonder if I had maybe just dreamt about taking it. The original version had a very dreamy, washed-out look - kind of like staring out the window of a bus, watching the scenery whip by in a blur while thinking about other things. At first, I modified the photo to make it very vibrant and contrasty. It looked like a completely different photo, but both had their merits. I debated for a long time over which version I liked better: dreamy and surreal vs. bright and contrasty. In the end, I settled for this (highly experimental) monochrome version.

I may post the other two versions of this photo later. My poor laptop has had just about all of the photo processing it can take for one night.

No comments: