Thursday, July 9, 2009

This photo is another Red Bubble reject taken at about 5am on August 4, 2008 when I went for a walk with the camera before going to bed. I like the still water and the reflection of the clouds and blue sky. I like the quality of the light, and the fact that the train bridge can just barely be seen in the background. Morning light is kind of a novelty for me, since I am such a night person. If I'm seeing morning light, I'm usually racing to work, late, with my nose buried in my coffee and my brain preoccupied with other things. It's rare to have a morning off and be awake to enjoy it.

A couple of weeks ago, I took the wide angle lens down to the river and tried to capture a similar shot. The colors were maybe a bit better, but none of the photos really captured the same mood. I have thousands of dollars worth of photography equipment that I didn't have a year ago, but sometimes just getting the right moment is the most important thing.

No comments: