Saturday, September 26, 2009

Here is another photo taken on my adventures last weekend. We went to the Stony Swamp Conservation Area just outside of Ottawa. My mood at the time was bleak, as I was certain I had failed my exams and would be wasting another year preparing to retake them. I was especially drawn to the sad desolation of these skeleton trees.

I crept around a bit trying to get a few different perspectives on the trees, but my mobility was limited by the fact that I was ankle-deep in a bog (hence the name Stony Swamp, I guess). When I got home, I tried everything in my power to crop out the leaves in the left side of the photo. No matter what I tried, I wasn't able to crop them without cutting off the branches of the tree on the left, or seriously unbalancing the photo.

I actually found it a bit humorous... Into the bleakest of bad situations, there creeps a little optimism.

No comments: