Friday, June 26, 2009

As luck would have it, my hard drive issues are sorted out just as it's time for me to move across the country. Most of my photos have been transferred over to the 1TB drive (where I'm not entirely sure I have access to them). At least this frees up lots of room on the 250GB drive for more photos.

I finally managed to get up close to a butterfly! All of my previous butterfly shots were taken from quite a distance, most with the point-and-shoot. I'm happy with this one, but a bit annoyed that I cut off most of the wings and the antenna tips. I always see insect macro photos and wonder how the photographer manages to get the whole insect in the frame, the eye (at least) in focus, and some sort of pleasing composition with distracting dirt and foliage out of the way... all in the fraction of a second before the insect flies away. I guess they probably do what I do -- take several shots and maybe one turns out.

Hopefully I'll see more butterflies this summer.

No comments: