Friday, June 26, 2009

This is Synder. I have three cats, all of whom have different attitudes toward photography. Jackie will do anything to get his nose in front of the camera. When he sees me taking pictures of flowers, he'll run in front of the camera, and sometimes even trample the flowers. He's always looking especially cute or doing some kind of stunt for the camera.

Moosh (Jackie's brother) strikes a regal pose when he sees the camera lens pointed at him. He's like a spoiled supermodel or a member of the royal family out on parade.

Synder is the most difficult cat to photograph. First of all, his coat is shiny black with a reddish sheen. It's hard to capture the shininess and true color of his coat. The camera always wants to overexpose him, so the settings need to be adjusted for each photo. Then there's the fact that Synder doesn't care to have his picture taken. He doesn't sit still... and even when he does, his head and ears are swivelling all around. Synder is the self-appointed tough-cat - protector of the territory that is our yard, especially the hotly-contested honeysuckle bush. He doesn't have time for being cute or acting like a primadonna.

This is probably the best picture of Synder I've taken so far. I converted it to monochrome because there was a distracting bright orange object in the background. I wish I could have left his eyes green... I'll have to figure out selective coloring later on.

I may post a picture or two tomorrow (or later today - I notice the sun is fully up in the sky even though I haven't been to bed yet). If not, it will likely be a few days as we'll be driving to Ontario and will need to get the internet set up in the new place.

No comments: