Friday, June 19, 2009

This picture didn't last long on Red Bubble. I'm not sure why. Graem played with the colors on this one, and he tends to increase the color saturation more than I would. In the Red Bubble thumbnail, the water in this picture looked very green. Maybe that prevented people from viewing it. Maybe Red Bubble just gets flooded with Canada goose pictures in the spring, and people get sick of them. I don't know.

I really enjoyed photographing the geese. They are all such characters, and I was able to get quite close to them, despite not having a very long lens. There's also the added bonus that when the geese arrive, you know it is officially spring!

This photo was titled "Second Date" on Red Bubble. I have always liked the symmetry of this photo -- the geese are nearly mirror images of each other. They are together, though looking in opposite directions. Maybe they're worried that their relationship is starting to stifle their individuality. Maybe they're just geese, doing what geese do.

No comments: