Saturday, July 11, 2009

I usually try to only post my best photos. This is an exception. I know that this photo is not technically very good, yet it was one of those pictures I felt absolutely compelled to take. It was taken as we were walking home from the river. I like the bifurcation of the path and the group of maple trees in the middle. I also like the Canadian flag on the building. The clouds were quite dark and ominous in real life, and this added to the mood.

This photo suffers from the same problem as many of my landscape photos and ocean sunsets - highlights in the sky are blown out, and the foreground is too dark. This was quite noticeable in the original. I fixed it a bit in post-processing, but the result was (unfortunately) a fairly flat photo. I hope to someday get a polarizing filter and maybe a neutral density gradient filter to prevent this problem.

No comments: