Saturday, August 15, 2009

I've noticed that my photos are starting to look "point-and-shooty"... or maybe "formulaic" would be a better word. I've been keeping my aperture set on f16 quite consistently for macro shots. I think it's a subconscious reaction to not having much time for photography. I want to guarantee myself a few "keepers", despite not taking many shots and not putting much effort into composition. I suppose it has worked to a certain extent. I've had a higher ratio of photos that were basically in focus, but nothing I could call beautiful or spectacular.

Today I forced myself to open up the aperture as wide as it would go. I'm fairly pleased with the results. I definitely took some photos I found interesting to look at. I did have a couple of shots that could have been amazing spoiled by blur... but I plan to retake them later or tomorrow when the light is different and I need a break from the books.

No comments: