Sunday, August 30, 2009

One day last week, I was forced to be up early, but didn't have to work. I ate breakfast outside and took advantage of some amazing morning light. I took quite a few good photos, and I'll post some in the coming days. Many are of the same group of flowers... so I hope you don't get too bored.

These flowers don't have much color to begin with - just a small dab of yellow in the centre and the purple stamen. I kept some in color and converted others to black-and-white. I find that black-and-white is better for accenting textures and the contrast between shadows and light. I also don't seem to mind blown highlights as much in black-and-white photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always surprised when your next photo/s pop up on my screen - there's always something different; your explorations in photography (and life) take unexpected turns. Some of your photos give me a chuckle, some a smile of delight, others a moment of pause. Your blog is a bright spot in my day. Keep it going !