Saturday, August 29, 2009

A couple of days ago, I was trying to photograph a large spider who lives in my laundry room sink. I eventually gave up, concluding that I would have to try again with a better light setup and less help from my feline assistants. Before I went upstairs, I tried taking some self-portraits in an old mirror in our basement. The mirror is cracked, and its surface is marked with amazing fern-like patterns. The self-portraits didn't turn out looking like much. I decided to try taking macro shots of the surface of the mirror. I wasn't expecting to see much besides the reflection of the lens.

I'm actually pretty happy with the way the mirror macros turned out. This one makes me think I'm lying on my back in a field looking up at the branches of winter trees. The background even looks like a winter sky - pale and bleak.

No comments: