Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I have a couple of days off from work, and I planned to go out and photograph the fall trees today. Once the leaves start changing color, it isn't long before they've all fallen, so I thought I should seize the opportunity. The days are getting shorter, and knowing my tendency to sleep in, I had my camera bag all packed and ready to go with a fresh battery and memory card so I could take advantage of the limited daylight. Mother Nature had other plans for me, though. The rain started falling last night, and came down all day today in sheets. It only let up for about 10 minutes just as it was starting to get dark and I ventured outside to take two crappy snapshots from my porch.

If I want to post a picture of fall leaves, I'll have to post one from last weekend. It isn't the best picture... The light was fading and I had a hard time bringing out the color of the leaves without completely blowing out the sky.

I really hope I get a chance to photograph the maples with their bright red leaves in good light. Unfortunately it's forecast to rain again tomorrow, and all through the weekend as well.

No comments: