Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I didn't have time for a long photo journey today, but I did go to the Experimental Farm. The farm is very close to my house, and every time I pass it, it seems odd to see fields of crops growing right in the middle of the city. As soon as I moved here, I made a mental note to myself to photograph the corn one day. I was hoping for a dark, ominous sky in the background, and today I got exactly that!

I wandered around a bit and took lots of photos of the fall scenery. The light was very good despite the thick clouds. I'll be posting more photos in the coming days. The farm is surrounded by barbed wire fence. I found a break in the fence and thought it might be nice to wander into the midst of the corn and take some photos from there... perhaps even take some photos looking up at the sky while laying on my back in the corn field. Unfortunately someone who drove up in a Government of Canada truck just then thought otherwise.

It's good that I didn't have time to venture too far, because the skies tore open suddenly and down came the rain. I actually took my jacket off and wrapped the camera in it to keep it dry while I ran home.

Back in February, I was thinking to myself that it's not a real photo journey if you don't arrive home shivering and soaked. I guess that makes today's trip a bonafide photo journey, even though it was brief.

No comments: