Saturday, October 3, 2009

I have lots of time free for photography now that my exams are over (if still not as much time as I would like). Once getting over the initial hurdles of using new photo management software, things are running far more efficiently on my antique laptop. These factors combined have allowed me to get ahead of the game for once. I actually have lots of photos ready and waiting to be posted here and on Red Bubble. Today I used a random number generator to help me decide which photos to post.

Today I went to the same botanical garden that Graem and I visited our first week in Ottawa. This time I was properly armed with the macro lens and my Lensbaby. As I walked home, I experimented taking Lensbaby pictures of the fall trees. As always with the Lensbaby, most didn't turn out. It is tough to know exactly where the area of sharp focus is, especially when shooting something far away. Sometimes things look good in the viewfinder and the camera's LCD, only to be a blurry mess when I view them on the big screen at home. When a Lensbaby shot works, though, the results can be magic.

The light is not terrific in this photo, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. I actually took several shots trying to get the framing right. I was crouching at the side of the road, trying to time my shots between the passing cars. I must have looked like a lunatic!

No comments: