Thursday, October 1, 2009

This may look like a picture of wires from a broken fence, but they are actually little vines. The color version looks rather nondescript. I photographed these vines when we stopped at a lake en route to Val-des-Bois. We were taking photos of a little frog when I actually got a bored and stopped for a bit to amuse myself with the vines.

We assumed the frog would be skittish and took several pictures from far away. Slowly, we crept closer and closer. We thought that we might get an action shot by stirring the water near the frog with a stick. To our immense surprise, the frog lunged toward the stick and tried to bite it. The whole time we thought we had been creeping up on the frog, the frog had also been 'hunting' us - patiently waiting for us to get close enough for him to take a chomp. We spent some more time (unsuccessfully) trying to get a photo of the frog with his mouth open lunging at the stick.

Graem got the best frog photos of the day. The one time I crept onto the rocks, I fell backwards onto my butt. I don't mind getting wet shoes or wet pants for the sake of a good photo, but I wouldn't want to fall forward and smash/submerge thousands of dollars worth of camera and lens. Therefore, Graem got all of the closeup shots... some of them pretty good.

I haven't posted any frog photos... mine aren't any good, and I don't like to post photos other people have taken. I might someday make an exception for this frog. He was, after all, pretty cute.

No comments: