Monday, January 18, 2010

This weekend I took a walk to the Experimental Farm. I wanted to go somewhere further afield... but the days are still too short to allow for that. It's true that there is always fodder for the one lens you leave behind. On my last trip to photograph winter trees, I missed the wide angle. I brought it this time and left my telephoto at home. Wouldn't you know it... The trees and fields were swarming with crows. Through my 50mm lens, they just looked like black specks... black specks that cackled and cawed, mocking me.

In spring, summer and fall, trees are all about the leaves. In winter, I like the shapes formed by the bare branches against the sky. A wide angle lens brings a whole new perspective to these shapes.

Here is the only "postable" photo I took with the 50mm lens before swapping over to the wide angle. To be honest, I think it's the least exciting. I'll post the wide angle shots in the coming days, since it will be a few eons before I have another day off.

No comments: