Sunday, January 17, 2010

Today's photo has an amusing story behind it. I was out taking photos of the cats in the yard yesterday when my eyes were drawn to this little windswept bush in the corner. It was begging me to take its photo. The fact that the wind was actively blowing it just accentuated its 'windswept' character and made it an even more appealing photo subject. The problem was the background... The siding on the neighbors' garage is...well... frankly quite ugly. I was hoping that converting it to monochrome would make it more interesting. Maybe the lines on the side of the garage could represent blowing wind in some abstract, artsy-fartsy sort of way.

I like taking photos, but I really don't care for fiddling with them on the computer... I have no idea how my post-processing software works, aside from the most basic operations. I was wondering if maybe I could summon the motivation to try blurring out the background on the computer, when Graem peered over my shoulder and said (as though he had read my mind), "Nothing you can do with that one. It's always gonna look like siding". And there you have it.

No comments: