Monday, April 18, 2011

Dritvik Elephant Foot

Dritvik Elephant Foot by Pantheroux
Dritvik Elephant Foot, a photo by Pantheroux on Flickr.
Here's an oldie, but a goodie. Taken on a black sand beach called Dritvik on the Snaefellnes peninsula in Iceland. These rocks were interesting in real life, but only came to life through the camera lens when I brought out the wide angle.

So far my experiment with posting photos to the blog from Flickr is working. The photos no longer appear in a public Picasa album, which is good. The downside - I think Flickr automatically crops the photos to square... so in some cases the composition is messed up (as with my gooseberries). I also have to log into the blog to tag the photos and reformat my text.

I have taken ~100 new photos in the past few weeks (some long exposures of Ottawa at night, and some shots on the Jack Pine Trail). Unfortunately, I can't upload them until my hard drive issues are fixed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shot!