Monday, August 17, 2009

I was sitting on the stoop eating popsicles on Saturday when it occurred to me that I should phtograph the side of my neighbors' house with the lensbaby. I'm not sure what kind of effect I was trying to achieve. I liked the shadows of the leaves dancing on the brick wall. The lensbaby gives one area of extremely sharp focus where you can actually see the pores in the brick. As you move out toward the corners, the perfect uniformity of the brick wall is stretched and distorted.

I wanted to try again with this picture to see if I could do better, but it has proven surprisingly difficult. There is a window of only about 10 minutes where the light is right for this kind of shot. Yesterday the neighbors were having a party. Tonight it was raining. I took some shots of the side of my own house that I haven't uploaded yet. I still think this one is interesting.

No comments: